Monday, July 09, 2007

Quick Non-Post

I am slammed, both at work and with family stuff (nothing new), so not much play or time to post. I'll try to get a couple more hands up, and I'll make the rounds through the other blogs to comment on, as I can....comments first new content post second...hopefully by tomorrow.

I do have one sweat session set up for tomorrow night with Michaeyk, and really trying to get a second one with Liquigas, where my availability has been the issue, not his. I'm really looking forward to that, and seeing how it goes. Is there a sweating FAQ anywhere (not just software, but how far can you take the sweat session in terms of advice while in the hand, and the like)?

For instance, I could see where in the sweat session, you would say, "I'm thinking about raising, what do you think?" It would definitely violate the one player to a hand rule. I guess the player could talk/type their thoughts as they act, but then the non-player(s) would have to wait until the hand was over to comment?

1 comment:

Noel said...

I have done several sweat sessions now and the one player to a hand is out the window. This is your chance to discuss the hand with one another while the action is taking place. If one player his at a higher skill level then the other this can be +EV and a complete learning experience. The coaching sessions I believe take place the same way. The coach both watches and critiques as well as guides you in certain spots and then explains why he had you play the hand a certain way after it is done. Another awesome thing I have only done once so far is to have two players sweat at the same time. Mirrorobin, Edsweden and I used skype for this.