Sunday, July 01, 2007

June Recap

Before the poker content....June was a good month for golf....index dropped under 6 for the first time in a while, thanks to a good round yesterday. It actually could have been a great round, but I had 2 bad breaks on 17. I was 2 over coming into that hole, and blocked my drive out to the right. I only missed the fairway by about 10 yards, but unfortunately the landing zone is the narrowest distance between fairway and out of bounds, with a cart path splitting the difference. My ball hit the cart path :(. We didn't think it was out, but we never could find it, so I had to take the penalty.

On my provisional, I hit the edge of the greenside bunker. It could have just as easily stayed out as gone in, but the ball didn't bounce the right way. I hit a terrible shot from there, and when all was said and done, ended up with an 8 on the par 4. The 18th is the hardest hole on this course. I played it OK, but still ended up with a bogey. So, 5 over on the last 2 holes after a really solid round up until then :(.

Poker wasn't so kind. I may write some more on that later, but the bottom line is that although I know I've still got some learning to do, there were a lot of hands I reviewed that I had my money in good, actually moreso than some stretches where I ran well but didn't play as well. I don't play the volume of hands that a lot of guys do -- June was just under 15k, so a few misplaced coolers and poor play really makes a difference. And I'm also starting to approach the comfort level in NL that I had in LHE, in fact, I would probably feel a bit lost in a moderately tough LHE game now.

For the month, I was:
VPIP = 21
PFR = 15
Aggression = 4.43
WtSD = 21
Won at SD = 48

I think what I need to focus on is to perhaps tone down my aggression a bit. It looks like I'm overprotecting my hands plus getting into some fit-or-fold situations because I'm really not getting to showdown that often, so you'd expect when I do get there, I'd be winning a lot more showdowns. I need to watch that, and perhaps ease up on the gas a bit postflop. A few hands to come in a bit.

3 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

Man, I'd give anything to be able to play some decent golf!

What's your aggression by street?

Malinois said...

I'd actually concentrate more on getting your PFR and VPIP closer together. Getting into a more aggressive game preflop. Aggression looks fine to me, as dodgy said, whats your aggression by street and what is your cbet %?

Marc said...

Aggression factor by street is 5.01, 3.41, 3.37.

I don't know exactly how to see my c-bet percentage, but my actions after a preflop raise are: bet 71%, raise 5%, call 4%, check 12%, fold 7%. I think your c-bet % is higher than what PT shows, since PAHUD would throw out the times when it's not checked to you. I feel like I c-bet about 100% of the time HU and only a little less than that 3 way.