Monday, July 30, 2007

I've been slacking!

Sorry I haven't been posting at all, it's been more than a week since my last post. For the month, though, I think I did a decent job commenting on other blogs, even when I didn't update mine. I should be able to dedicate some time this week, but I've thought that before. In lieu of specific hands, here are some general thoughts.

If anyone would be up for some semi-regular sweat sessions on either FT or Stars, leave a comment or send me a PM on Cardrunners. Michaeyk and I are trying to set up a weekly time, but he's out of commission for a bit. It might also be cool to have a group sweat. I'm only really able to participate after 8:00 Pacific, unfortunately. I should be good entertainment, as I'm trying to open my game up a little, and I feel a bit foolish in some of the hands.

I've got 10k hands in July, and it won't go much higher. It was a swingy month, and if it ends today, I will have eked out a 2 PTBB/100 month.

I had one streak of a few hundred hands where every big all in went the opposite way it should, which was unfortunate since I got my money in good in most of them, although my KK sucked out on AA once. The most annoying was when my BB special (Q3 on a Q33 flop) lost to AJ -- who bet/called the flop!! -- when turn and river were running jacks. He actually pushed the turn. LOL, I guess the games will always be good as long as that happens.

Most of my losses were poor play on my part, though, as I try to make some game changes. I'm recognizing my bad plays quickly, though, and still winning in spite of making some game changes, so that feels good. Kind of like in golf where you're making a swing change and it's uncomfortable at first, but you're still able to hold your own on the course.

It will be interesting to see how/if this blog experiment changes in August. I've enjoyed it so far, although I spend even less time on the forums than I normally do, and I need to correct that.

1 comment:

losbert said...

Good luck with organising the sweat sessions. Being in the UK I can't really accomodate an 8pm Pacific Time - 3am where I am but no doubt some one will be able to.