Sunday, November 11, 2007

All work and no play

Just finished preparing for a customer conference that begins tomorrow. I put it off until the last minute, but since I need to hit the ground running first thing tomorrow morning, I couldn't wait any longer.

Saturday, my daughter finished up her soccer season with a tournament, and we barely beat the rain. That was all we beat, which is how the season went in general....we only won a single game. Took a nap when we got home, then had a nice family dinner and watched a movie. After the kids went to sleep, Jennifer and I got through a few shows we had sitting on the Tivo. Exciting stuff :).

Since it wasn't raining this morning, I got out for a round of golf, but it might as well have been raining. Birdied the first hole, but the rest of the day was terrible. For those that don't play much golf, if you belong to a golf association, you post your score after each round. The computer asked me if I was sure I had the right score. Great, it wasn't bad enough taking crap from my buddies as I paid off the bets, even the computer got in on the action.

From there, it was off to my sister-in-law's house. My niece and brother-in-law have birthdays last week and next week. It turns out that my wife's sister's husband's brother's wife (is there a name for that relation....my sister-in-law-in-law-in-law-in-law?) and her daughter and another niece all either had birthdays in October or November too, so we celebrated the whole gang's birthdays. Which was great fun, but it took a long time, and also about 90 minutes for my wife and her sister to say good-bye to everyone, so we didn't get back to the house until later than I thought/hoped we would.

All's good now, but no time for poker over the weekend, and probably none until Wednesday afternoon, when I think I'll be able to break free from customer meetings for a few hours. I hope to jump into a workshop Verneer started this weekend, but which I had to miss. I'm looking forward to the conference being over and getting back to just the normal level of insanity.

No comments: