Friday, August 22, 2008

Rough Session

Had a lot of big hands that did not go my way (and a couple that did).  I think I played fine, but you be the judge on these big ones (they're not all necessarily losers...the key is they have postflop action.

==================================================

Villain is a regular with TAG stats, on the tight side.  I've been pretty active on the table, but with cards, so I haven't shown down anything out of line yet.

The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP: $261.20
Hero (CO): $203.00
BTN: $193.00
SB: $200.00
BB: $148.70
UTG: $268.55

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is CO with 9 T
1 fold, MP raises to $6, Hero calls $6, 1 fold, SB calls $5, BB calls $4

Flop: ($24.00) 6 8 T (4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP bets $20, Hero calls $20, SB folds, BB folds

Turn: ($64.00) T (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $50, MP raises to $235.20 all in, Hero calls $127 all in

River: ($418.00) Q

Not a hand I'll always play, but the circumstances were good here.  BTN is tight, BB is loose, most of the time I'll have a pretty easy hand to play postflop.  That said, I don't think this hand ended up being easy.  Can't fold on the flop, but not sure a raise gets called by worse, and can't stand to be reraised, which would make me give up TP+gutshot.  I didn't think through his range well enough at the table, though, and played the turn pretty poor.  He's got to have something, or I don't think he makes the flop c-bet.  He's aggressive, but there are 3 other people in the pot and the board is drawy.  When he checks the turn, I think that I'm probably ahead, but the more relevant question is whether I'm ahead when he check/calls (maybe), and whether I'm ahead to his c/r (almost never).  I think now that the bet was fine, but I need to fold to the CRAI, which is such a strong move.  Or, I could get lucky and have him play AA as the nuts!

=========================================

Villain here was total LAG smack tallker, big plays, big loser in my database, although I didn't have any specific notes on him before the session.  He showed a double barrel turn/river bluff after I folded the river, and it was on a scare turn.  He plays over 50% of his hands and will get in light.  Same table as the hand above, and it happened soon after.

The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $471.20
Hero (BB): $203.00
UTG: $200.00
MP: $213.00
CO: $146.20
BTN: $258.75

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with J J
1 fold, MP raises to $6, 1 fold, BTN calls $6, SB calls $5, Hero raises to $30, 1 fold, BTN calls $24, 1 fold

Flop: ($72.00) T 4 2 (2 players)
Hero bets $50, BTN raises to $228.75 all in, Hero calls $123 all in

Turn: ($418.00) 6

River: ($418.00) 2

With the read above, I'm fine with the hand.  I showed that I will play a marginal hand, if he was paying attention.  Against a sane player, I would fold to the raise.

============================================

A different LAG...this ones somewhat reasonable stats wise, but have no notes on him.  He's 27/15, but his 3-bet preflop is 11%!  Over a couple thousand hands.  Postflop he is also very aggressive.

The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: $155.00
SB: $221.45
BB: $200.15
Hero (CO): $200.00

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is CO with J J
Hero raises to $7, 2 folds, BB requests TIME, BB raises to $24, Hero calls $17

Flop: ($49.00) 7 2 T (2 players)
BB requests TIME, BB bets $36, Hero calls $36

Turn: ($121.00) 6 (2 players)
BB bets $92, Hero raises to $140 all in, BB calls $48

River: ($401.00) 4

My biggest question was whether to shove preflop or wait for a non A/K board.  I planned to get it in somehow if an ace or king didn't show up.  Mission accomplished :).

2 comments:

Bazclef said...

Hand 1) Preflop and flop are good. Turn I think he does this enough with AA/KK/QQ/AKss/AQss/etc for the call to be ok really. Don't think I'd like folding turn.

Hand 2) Easiest stackoff ever.

Hand 3) I'd just 4bet and get it in pre. Not sure whether I prefer letting him barrell off of just raising flop to protect. I'd prob go with your line of letting him barrell off if he's so aggro postflop.

RakebackFAQ said...

Hand 1) Villian takes a strong line here betting big into all of you on the flop, Cr on the turn confuses me i would do this sometimes with KK,AA so yeah id get it in to.

Hand 2)Agree, hate to see that spade on the turn though.

Hand 3) I like how you played it dont know if im comfortable 4betting PF tho i just think you played it perfect made him commit and ship it.

On a sside note watched a vid today and a guy named marc2476 or something was calling the maker a donk was that you by anychance? 200nl