Sunday, August 10, 2008

Catching up

Haven't played any since last time, but can catch up at least on some reviews and as promised some big hands. 

I think that I'm going to exclude hands that got all in preflop (I guess unless there's something interesting).  I had 3 that were when we both had big pairs, and I imagine that pair vs pair or pair vs AK, etc. is both boring and going to balance out over time.  Also, when I flop a set or better, play it fast, and get it in I'll also exclude...win or lose, because what's the point in that?  If I flop huge and play slow, I'll probably post those, though, just to make sure I don't get too fancy.

Villain is 32/18/2.6, and I've got a note he can be pretty spazzy, for what that's worth.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $104.10
UTG: $95.00
Hero (MP): $101.50
CO: $115.35
BTN: $98.50
SB: $44.05

Pre Flop: Hero is MP with J A
1 fold, Hero raises to $3.50, 3 folds, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.50) 8 5 7 (2 players)
BB bets $5, Hero raises to $18, BB calls $13

Turn: ($43.50) T (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($43.50) A (2 players)
BB bets $45, Hero calls $45

Preflop and flop seem pretty standard.  Against a more straightforward, tighter player, I would follow up on the turn, but I think here that I have pretty little FE once he calls the flop, and in fact there's a small chance he could have gotten there or made a pair on the turn, since he's pretty loose.  The river is close, but without a better read than I have and his high aggression, I am OK with a call.  I'm certainly beat a lot, but I'm also getting 2:1 odds.  His missed draws will bet even with the Ace.  Since the Ace has to hit me a decent amount of the time, and he bets so large, I think a fold would be OK, too.  Given the strength of his bet, I think a fold is marginally better, but like I said, it's close.

=======================================================================================

Villain is 53/20/2.4, no other notes.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP: $164.10
CO: $93.50
Hero (BTN): $100.00
SB: $115.85
BB: $100.00
UTG: $61.05

Pre Flop: Hero is BTN with K A
UTG raises to $6, 2 folds, Hero calls $6, 2 folds

Flop: ($13.50) K 5 4 (2 players)
UTG bets $5, Hero calls $5

Turn: ($23.50) 9 (2 players)
UTG bets $50.05 all in, Hero calls $50.05

River: ($123.60) 9

Preflop is usually a 3-bet, but I'll flat AK once in a while.  However, usually, that's against someone I think could be decent (based on stats or a note), so they don't just put me on a pair when I flat them.  And especially against this guy, I won't mind playing for 60bb (or even 100bb) if I 3-bet and he comes over the top.  So, preflop is probably a mistake in this situation.  Once I play weak preflop and hit the flop, I'm going to play for stacks .  My plan was to raise the turn (or bet if he checked).  Flop is so dry that I don't mind waiting for the turn.  His huge overbet means I'm either way ahead or way behind, but I can't play it the way I did, hit TPTK against a LAG, then fold, so I'm OK with it.

2 comments:

RakebackFAQ said...

I think both hands are fine. In hand 1 i dont really know what he could be betting A8, 810 we know he dosent have the A of H so maybe hes putting you on JJ.QQ type hand but if we do he should expect a bet on he turn so you could be behind here but as played im calling too.

Hand 2 im RR all the time against this guy being so lag i wanna play a big pot with him. Honestly wouldnt suprise me to see him with 910s but im stacking off here to.

Mr Fickle said...

His bet sizing on the 2nd hand is super confusing!

6x pre flop from UTG
40% cbet
2x pot shove

Is this normal for him? Worth making a note and looking out for future bet sizing tells.

I would always 3bet this pre flop by the way. His 6x raise means you could raise to 22x and leave just a pot size bet behind, making it very easy to play post flop.