Saturday, December 01, 2007

Wheeeee....GG Full Tilt

In the continuing saga of running absurdly bad on Friday nights....



The highlights:

The 70/36/4.6 villain who showed down any piece. This was actually at the end of the session, but was my biggest loser. He'd been running me and the table over (and was running at 104PTBB/100 over 72 hands). Finally got him where I wanted him, huh?

This guy's only 32/16/4.2 (fair enough, aces get cracked sometimes)

And the next orbit

This one's on me. He's 22/22/3 over 32 hands. I don't mind staying in the hand sometimes, but not just calling on the flop here, and then WTF with the turn? He's double-barreling AK? Ugh.

The good news: I booked a winning month my first month at 100NL, and that was with some pretty poor play on my part at times (and some good play, too....my A game is definitely better now than it was even a few months ago). My rakeback will be more than my winnings, but hey, it beats losing. And also, other than venting on a blog about some tough luck hands, I didn't really get mad during play, although the back-to-back stackings might have induced some bad play on that 44 hand later.

OK, it's late, time for bed and a better outlook tomorrow/next month. Looking forward to continued hard work on the game.

4 comments:

losbert said...

Hand 1 Nasty, nothing you can do.

Hand 2 This is the type of hand where I lose alot of money. I'm not sure if there's any getting away from this until maybe the turn if at all. Maybe the raise on the flop should set the alarm bells ringing although I still call here. The turn is where I think you have to seriously consider whether or not your beaten. Probably easier to consider after the event than when your in a hand.

Hand 3 - Hand 2 in reverse except he sucked out on you. At this point I probably walk away from the table before I start tilting.

Hand 4 - To be honest I think I fold to the 3-bet pre flop, I don't like calling a reraise with a low pair. As the hand played I definitely fold on the flop.

Well done on the winning month at 100nl good luck with December.

RakebackFAQ said...

Hand 1
bit of a joke hand

Hand 2
I think this is just one of them hands where you donate. No way iam folding here.

Hand 3
Ouch i think you played it well your just calling these RR tho against some people they would figure your slow playing.

Hand 4
I dont mind the call PF your both pretty deep stacked. I think the call on the flop is ok too but you gotta be folding to that turn bet not many people will do that with AK type hand.

Seems like your comfortable with the new limit your playing, even with that rough session i think you'll do well. Personally i lose heart if i lose 2 bi.

Anonymous said...

hand 1: puke city

hand 2: i play it the same way :)

hand 3: i play the same way, however i prob just get it all in on the turn.

hand 4: as played fold turn, i prob pitch pre-flop.

Marc said...

Thanks guys...I'm ok with the play in hands 1-3. Chris, with AA, I can't see folding to a guy that aggro on a drawy board...obviously i'm going to lose sometimes, but i'm ok with it. For the 4th hand, since we were both deeper than a stack, i had the implied odds to set mine his 3-bet, IMO, but i botched it postflop no doubt.