Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Too Call Happy

Played a short session and was not too happy with it.  Biggest hand was calling down AQ on an ace high flop.  I opened on the button, somewhat nitty TAG (5% 3-bet, 7% facing a steal) 3-bets, and I defend.  The thing is when he fires that 3rd barrel, I really need to fold.  He's not wild enough for me to stack off bluff catching, and he's probably not value betting thin enough to be value cutting himself there.

Need to run a filter where I either call 3 streets or call AI on any street with top pair against reasonable players.  I bet it won't be good.  I'll also have to look at how often I fold in those spots, because I think we probably forget a lot of the folds we make when facing heat...seems like a standard play, and also those pots don't stick in your mind because the overall pot size is smaller.

No comments: