Thursday, November 26, 2009

Another entry in the Senseless Tragedy department

The custodian at my kids' school was murdered a couple days ago, in front of his 13-year-old daughter, on their  way home from getting ice cream.  They were walking their dogs, and one of the dogs sniffed a stranger's leg.  That ultimately led to the murder.  I don't know any more details than what's in the local news:  http://www.ktvu.com/news/21724877/detail.html

By all accounts he was an awesome guy.  All the kids liked him.  My wife, who spends a lot of time at the school, says he always helped people with a variety of stuff, even if it meant he had to go out of his way.

2 comments:

Gregory Lynn said...

That's fucking awful.

I guess I'm never sniffing a stranger's leg again. Sheesh.

mongoose said...

how high, or mentally ill was the assailant? good lord, i can't imagine a fistfight over something like that, nevertheless a murder.

that, is senseless and tragic.