Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

I'm working today :(.  Probably going to leave a bit early, though.  We're planning to go to a pot luck with several other families, at least for a little while.  Cocktails, champagne and prime rib.  Should be fun, but I doubt we'll make it to midnight...my son is recovering from a flu bug and my wife has been a little under the weather as well.

Here's today's hand.  Not something I do much.

Villain was a little loose.  Passive preflop, aggressive postflop, was in the middle of berating someone when I joined the table, so I thought he might be a bit tilted.  I've been pretty aggressive in general, but showed down a quality hand.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $51.05
MP: $142.25
CO: $93.00
Hero (BTN): $177.60
SB: $100.00
BB: $101.50

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with Ac Qs
1 fold, MP calls $1, 1 fold, Hero raises to $4.50, 2 folds, MP calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.50) 3h 9h 5d (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $8, MP raises to $16, Hero calls $8

Turn: ($42.50) Tc (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $24.50, MP calls $24.50

River: ($91.50) 4s (2 players)
MP bets $97.25 all in, Hero folds

I guess I thought on the flop that he was pretty polarized, so I tried to float him.

1 comment:

Noel said...

I like that you are posting hands but what I suggest is a street by street narrowing of his hand range. In this particular spot I think we may have folded the nuts on the river. This looks like a donkified way to play a busted FD. I would be very tempted to call this river with A-high as his hand makes little to no sense.