Monday, December 29, 2008

Steady Ebb

In an effort to make myself write more, I'm going to try posting my biggest losing hand from each session to see if anyone notices a trend.  I think the only rule is that most of the money has to go in postflop (so no KK vs AA hands where it all gets in preflop).  One of the things I periodically notice with Jared is that when we do hand reviews, he picks up stuff I'm not aware are big problems.  So, even though I don't think that just picking the biggest losers is the best way to review play, it's not a bad place to start if you're looking randomly for blind spots :).

First one is actually not a huge pot, but it was the biggest one of the session...one of those slow bleeding sessions where nothing big happens but you either don't hit, or when you do, you get no action.  Villain is pretty loose and cold calls a lot preflop, but otherwise nothing special.

Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 Pot Limit Hold'em - 5 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $97.90
Hero (UTG): $219.30
CO: $164.80
BTN: $52.65
SB: $72.55

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is UTG with Kh Kd
Hero raises to $7, CO calls $7, BTN calls $7, 2 folds

Flop: ($24.00) 2s 8d 9s (3 players)
Hero bets $19, CO calls $19, BTN folds

Turn: ($62.00) Td (2 players)
Hero bets $47, CO calls $47

River: ($156.00) Jc (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $91.80 all in, Hero folds

Final Pot: $156.00
CO wins $153.00
(Rake: $3.00)

I think this hand is pretty standard, at least through the flop.  No reason not to value bet on the flop.  On the turn, the ten isn't a great card because some draws got there as well as some of his range making two pair.  I bet, intending to fold to a raise, because he's pretty loose and there are a number of worse hands I think he calls with.  I can't really see anything to do on the river besides check and hope he checks behind.

No comments: