Monday, June 02, 2008

May Flowers

I may have to try playing less...seems like the months I'm not able to get in too many hands, my results are better! In April, I had the largest DS so far...20+ BI to the bad, and May started off with a continuation of that. Things turned around, though, and it ended up being a nice month :)





My stats look different than usual, but the sample size is small enough that I don't know whether it's from playing a ton differently or running well. I think some of both, as I have been working on a few different things. Anyway, my VPIP and PFR both increased a couple points. 21/17 is by no means LAG, but for a while I've been running steady at 18/15 or so. I've been looking to play some more in late position, and I think that accounts for the bulk of the increase, including a higher-than-previous attempt to steal. Bottom line, though, I see nothing to really quibble about in my stats, other than over the long haul, my turn and river AF could bump up a little.



I'm OK with these numbers. If I were going to pick some things, I would say to loosen up a tad in CO and tighten up a tad in the SB. At least as far as the SB goes, I'm completing (I think only) when there are either already a couple limpers and I have good speculative hand (connectors, one-gappers, suited two-gappers, pairs) and a passive BB behind me. I've purposely tried to widen my button range at the right tables, and I should now start looking to do somewhat the same in CO. But in all cases, I'm not forcing things.

For June, I'll continue to focus on more of the same things (seems to be a good formula). I'm also continuing to work with Jared, and hopefully before too long, I'll bounce off him whether he thinks I'm in good enough shape to start taking some 200NL shots again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Wicked heater at the end.

Mr Fickle said...

Nice graph. Nice Stats.

Good work!

RakebackFAQ said...

Looks like a good solid month i think the only thing keeping you from 200 is BR but if you have it go for it im sure your able for it.
All the best for June

Bazclef said...

Sweet month :)

losbert said...

Nice month Marc all the best for June. GL for when you move up to 200nl. Going back a couple of posts sorry just catching up been that busy got way behind, interesting couple of posts on cbetting. Its an area I'm going to be looking at over the weekend and will take what your saying into consideration