Friday, August 28, 2009

Bleah

I really need to learn how to fold to the Friday night donkeys.  I have not yet decided whether I played or ran worse tonight.  If you saw how bad I ran and I can't decide whether it was worse than my play...well, let's just say that I could have played tons better.  The silver lining is that my hand reading was excellent.  I just need to trust it!

I tried to salvage something via chat...but even that didn't go well :P.

Soccer opening day is tomorrow, and at least I'll be well rested for it.

1 comment:

Gregory Lynn said...

"The silver lining is that my hand reading was excellent. I just need to trust it!"

I've had that problem. It's hard to overcome. I think it stems from a desire to know you're right as much as it is a desire not to be bluffed.

IMHO the key is to look at the odds and say, "I'm calling 50 to win 150...am I going to be good more than 25% of the time?"

Against the stations the answer is often "Fuck no."

Against the maniacs it's another story.