Monday, March 23, 2009

Back to normal

Actually, not sure what is normal for me lately, but after a couple days rest, I did playa  quick session that was nicely uneventful and I could book a win.  Consciously tried to not push hard on any hand, folded a little more than I normally would overall, was extra careful to pitch OOP hands, let guys have small and medium pots if it was at all close.  Basically, sacrificed some small, high-variance edges.  And it went according to plan.  Only hand close to 100bb was this one:

Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $241.65
BB: $274.15
UTG: $175.25
MP: $34.70
Hero (CO): $200.00
BTN: $200.00

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is CO with Js Jh
2 folds, Hero raises to $7, BTN raises to $20, 2 folds, Hero calls $13

Flop: ($43.00) Ks Kc 5c (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $26, Hero calls $26

Turn: ($95.00) Jc (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $48, Hero calls $48

River: ($191.00) 8c (2 players)
Hero bets $106 all in, BTN calls $106 all in

Final Pot: $403.00
Hero shows Js Jh (a full house, Jacks full of Kings)
BTN mucks Ac 3c
Hero wins $400.00
(Rake: $3.00)

I'm not sure of the best line to get all the money in on the turn.  It looked to me like he was maybe giving himself room to fold, so I didn't want to checkraise him, but calling seems kind of strong, too, and any hand I'd be counting on him to bet the river, he'd call my raise.  I'd decided to lead any river, and just hope that it would help him somehow, in case he was on the fence about calling off.

Outside of poker, I finally started this season of 24...I've got a lot queued on the DVR...all episodes this season for 24, Lost, and Battlestar Gallactica.  The wife won't watch any of those shows, can't watch them when the kids are around, and when I've got some time to myself, I'd rather play poker :P.  Good thing I set up an external terrabyte of storage for my DirecTV receiver.

Haven't played golf in a while, but did make it to the driving range.  Might play Friday morning before going into work, but if not, it will be the first month in which I've recorded no rounds in I don't know how long :(.  Hopefully, I'll make up for it in April.  Besides any weekend play I'll get in, the family is going to Palm Springs for the kids' week off school after Easter.  I should get in 2-3 rounds there.  Got a range finder for the iPhone that looks pretty cool, which will be nice for the unfamiliar courses, especially the ones in the desert where a lot of times you really need to hit all your shots to a good yardage, instead of just bombs away.

No comments: