Wednesday, October 31, 2007

New blog at CR

I've started a Cardrunners blog: My CR Blog. Since I'm only really using this for poker, I figure I'll stick my blog with a bunch of other poker blogs.

So far, though, I like Blogger better:
  • RSS feeds. Zimba has said this is coming at CR.
  • Comments emailed to me (don't know what happens on CR, since no one has commented ;).
  • Can upload images directly to the post. At CR, I think you need to use an image hosting service like image shack.
One thing I really don't like about Blogger, which I don't know if CR will have, is the ability to get comments at the same time you get a post in an RSS feed. I know Wordpress has that, and since I use a feed aggregator, I would really like it.

For all of you in the study crew, do you care which software we use?

3 comments:

losbert said...

I've noticed your using the CR blog. I was waiting before they'd sorted out some of the gremlins before giving it a go.

The main advantage I can see excluding functionality, is that your going to get more traffic there than from on here.

I don't really mind which software we use.

RakebackFAQ said...

I dunno what the rss and aggregator things are so dunno what the advantages are of having them. I prefer these blogs because you can put links and all on the side. I think we should all get our cr one going and just double post most things. I agree with Losbert about the other getting more traffic. Which one should I be answering?

Marc said...

Let's double post for now until we see which one is better. At least, it will be easier for me to keep up on blogs outside of CR, although I apologize for being bad about keeping up with them in general...my own and your guys'. I always seem to be like a week behind.

Willie, I forget what RSS stands for, it basically allows you to download blog posts to a central area, and then you can check them kind of like email. But the blog needs to support RSS in order for it to work. Most do, but not the CR ones, yet.