Monday, October 15, 2007

Back from a little break

I just got back in town and trying to get unburied at work, plus I caught a little sore throat, unfortunately. With no computer, it was a total break from both work and poker, which was nice and relaxing. I didn't take along a poker book, so it really was a break, for a little over a week. I wish the timing had been a little different, as there have been much better times for me to take a break. The last few weeks, I've been running pretty well, and I liked the group sessions we started.

I'll probably use today to get caught up on work, then try to catch up on the blogs and maybe watch a video or review some old hands to get ready for playing, but I might not play until Wednesday or Thursday....I'm pretty tired, and also distracted by all the things that can pile up in a week.

Plus, I'm running out of space on my DVR and need to watch/clear some shows out! One thing I'm much better about these days is not playing with the TV on something I care much about. I don't mind it if the wife has something on while I play, but if it's something I want to watch, I stop my session. I used to drop a table or two, but I think it's better to just stop altogether.

All the goals I set for myself seem pretty out of reach with half the month over, but maybe I'll make up some ground as I clear the other stuff off my plate and focus again on poker the last part of the month.

No comments: