Monday, October 01, 2007

A better month

Just a quick post for September results. I don't have a lot of time right now, so how I did vs. my goals will have to wait (I didn't do so well meeting them, though). However, my results were a lot better than last month, although certainly not crushing the games by any stretch.


I wanted to be tighter in general, especially from early position, and I succeeded (see next picture for position stats). One area to focus on in putting money in from the SB, I'm pretty happy with my blind play in general. The results have been good.

My steal attempts are low by a couple percentage points compared to how I usually run. Partly, that is just generally tightening up in borderline situations, but I'm not really trying to tighten up from CO and BTN. I have stopped stealing so much with ace-rag, especially from the SB and CO spots. I keep a wide range when my image is tight, but if I feel at all like I have been active, I'm passing on ace-rag for now.

My showdown percentage seems a little on the low side, but not horrible, but on the other hand, I'm not winning enough showdowns that I see. So, probably, I need to be looking at spots where I'm either too aggressive with good hands and push people off their second-best hands, or I am calling down inappropriately.


I like my position numbers in general, especially the differential between UTG and BTN. The sample sizes here get pretty small with just 10k hands, though. Not sure about the couple apparent open-limps....could be misclicks I guess, as it's not part of my game. Anyway, I'm raising just about all the pots I enter from UTG and MP, so I don't think I've got a problem there.

As I said above, my VPIP from SB looks a little suspicious, especially since I'm not coming in with a raise a lot. However, my results from the blinds have been phenomenal, especially defending. Again sample sizes are pretty small, and in all likelihood, I probably hit a couple big hands when defending, or I 3-bet a premium pair and got played back at, or something. 20% from the SB seems high, though, so I'll look in more on that.


Well, this is a pleasant graph. Looks like I ran a bit better than expected when the money went in. I do remember one hand where I got in with 2nd set vs. top set and then hit my one-outer for quads. Perhaps that's where the blue line shot up over the red line? Anyway, if I'm reading this graph correctly, I ran quite well for a bit, and then continued to run about as expected for the rest of the month.


September seemed to start about where August left off, but I had a couple nice runs during the month. Here's hoping it continues in October!

3 comments:

RakebackFAQ said...

Looks like a very decent month Marc. Your numbers look fine i think if you werent playing at FTP you would beat the limit for a better BB/100.

Best of luck with October

grinder said...

These are a really good set of figures.. youll have to show me how to fold the small blind !!

losbert said...

Marc

Nice set of results and definitely an improvement on last month.

Good luck for October