Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Thanks for the ideas/encouragement

Thanks for the good ideas in response to my last post. I've not done any actual pokering, and hardly any study/reading/review, so I feel a bit refreshed. It helps that I've been prepping for and participating in a customer meeting the last few days ;).

Over the next couple days, I'm going to catch up on my PT reviews, try to catch up on some blogs, and maybe watch a video or two. But I probably won't have much time to play. I actually feel OK from a confidence standpoint, I'm just frustrated by the results. So, I don't think I'll drop a level or anything to regain confidence. I may drop a table (or two), but I sometimes do that regardless of how I'm running, just because it's a little changeup, and I can really focus on all the hands I'm not involved with, trying to put everyone on hands, etc. I actually probably don't do that as much as I should, from a learning standpoint.

All the ideas mentioned were good ones, and I appreciate you guys taking the time to respond to a semi-whine post. Hopefully, I won't be making many more of those ;).

3 comments:

losbert said...

Hope things go better when you get back at the tables. I know what you mean about not doing as much from a learning standpoint as I feel that as well.

grinder said...

Studdying is reall important too , although i hate it , i jst wanna play !! howeve i have recently realized that study is an essential part of the game at our levels .It is important to study your poker tracker figures . I only recently started to look at my positional play , i would pretty much open on a strict selection of starting hands , but from anywhere . If you compare my poistional stats to some of the winning players on the blogs it is apparent where i am going wrong

Marc said...

Well, I've spent a lot more time this week doing different types of studying than I normally do:

A lot more PT review, not just hands I've noted during the session;

Playing around with Poker Stove;

I got Professional No Limit Hold'em yesterday, so I started a new poker book :).