Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Half Full or Half Empty?

Was thinking about making this post BBV style, but there's really no brags...only beats and variance.  But given that we're likely to do a certain amount of utterly stupid stuff in our lifetimes, maybe it's not so bad.

Came to work, got a cup of coffee and settled in...then re-learned a basic lesson that I've learned in about 18 different sports...concentrate on your target.  Instead, I reached for the coffee while reading an email.  I drink 2-3 cups of coffee each day.  Sometimes I'm a spazz.  That combination means I'm probably going to spill a couple cups of coffee a year.  (Side note:  my usual way to spill a cup of coffee is walking down the hill in front of the 10th tee at the golf course, where I can hit the trifecta:  stain a shirt and my glove; burn my hand; not have the coffee.)

Today, at least there was a bright side...again it assumes I'm going to spill a certain amount of coffee in my life...there's probably no way to fix that. 

It went over my computer, but I use a docking station, so it just went on the cover, not on the more sensitive components.  It went on me, but I'm wearing brown slacks today, and I can't even really see the stain now.  It went on the carpet, but I'm at the office, so I don't have to worry about cleaning the carpets.  I completely emptied the cup, but I'm at the office, so I just got another one.

All in all, I guess it could be worse!

3 comments:

grinder said...

very insightful , maybe theres a book there !? lol

Gregory Lynn said...

So you bluff pushed with air, got caught, and the board came AAAAK.

Luckbox.

RakebackFAQ said...

Your last two posts have me puzzled.