Thursday, March 18, 2010

LOL, that's what I get

Been playing so infrequently, that I tried to squeeze in a quick session waiting for my son to finish his homework.  After 282 hands where I ran at -69 PTBB/100, I guess it's time to stop.  Nothing spewy, but did have some bad luck.  I felt totally not in control of any table, which may be because I haven't been playing, or maybe was just running into all kinds of stuff.

Other than little poker (and I had been doing fine up until this session), life is good.  No time, though, seems permanent right now.  Probably will be until little league is over.  Work has more going on too these days, which is good, I guess.  And I've been excellent about getting to the gym (again, to the detriment of poker playing).

I may just go on an extended break, I'm not sure.  I think that with so little time to focus on study, my game is in no shape for my regular stakes.  Even if I went down to stakes I could get away with not studying, I would hate to not be playing my best.

Does anyone even still read this thing?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I read it.

I suggest messing around with pther games if you wanna get poker in. I mean, if you can't study much and want to play occasionally, maybe just mess around with HORSE or plo or something at microstakes. It is good fun and won't dent (or help) your BR really. Just a thought.

Gregory Lynn said...

I'm with Brian. I would nominate PLO8

Malfaire said...

still reading. props on getting back in the mix for the gym!

mongoose said...

checking in :)

Bazclef said...

Holler.

Play whatever/whenever makes you feel happy. Don't feel pressured when there are other things you'd rather be doing. You don't need to!