Wednesday, February 04, 2009

C-Betting Question

I forget the reads on villains in this hand, but I'm pretty sure both of them were loose -- just can't remember if they were loose/passive or loose/aggressive. 

The fact that we're 3-way makes the hand interesting, IMO.  If you bet, what's your plan if you get called by the BTN and are OOP on the turn?  If you check, what's your plan if BTN bets?

Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 $60 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $145.90
Hero (BB): $265.00
CO: $114.20
BTN: $81.15

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with Td Ad
1 fold, BTN calls $2, SB calls $1, Hero raises to $8, BTN calls $6, SB calls $6

Flop: ($24.00) 5s Kd Tc (3 players)
SB checks, Hero?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, I would raise it up to $10 preflop to discourage a multiway pot.

"The fact that we're 3-way makes the hand interesting, IMO. If you bet, what's your plan if you get called by the BTN and are OOP on the turn? If you check, what's your plan if BTN bets?"

We have middle pair/top kicker, a backdoor flush raw, and a backdoor straight draw. On this board texture I think we can get value from weaker tens, and draws as well, so I am firing the flop for sure.

If I am called by the button only, I would fire most turns, because I hate going into a check/guess line and we still have no reason to think we are not good, we just don't have enough information to say that, since I think he plays hands we beat the same as some of the hands that beat us. I would be/fold the turn if only the button calls and if he does call again, I would most likely check/fold the river unimproved.

I don't have a plan for if I check, because I don't check. fwiw, if the SB called and the button folded, I would also bet/fold the turn, especially since I think that allows to A) get value from worse hands and B) check back the river if called.

Bazclef said...

^ this

I'm gonna be firing a lot of turns for sure... and def $10min pre.