Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Poker, what's that?

Been taking a little break (kind of) from the tables, and poker stuff in general.  I've been getting too frustrated with the downswing I've been on, so I've just said screw it to playing for a bit.  I will not make Ironman this month, the first time that's happened in a year, at least.  I've played  a bit on Stars for a change of pace.  My role is smaller there, so I've been donking around at the 50NL tables.  I've got very few reads, but the play is really not very good.  In a small sample, I'm up a BI real money, and tons in Sklansky bucks (same story, different site).  Don't know if I've just gotten more used to FT, but I don't like the software nearly as much at Stars.  Some of it has to do with the awesome FullTiltShortcuts program I use on FT, but in general, I'm just more comfortable with the FT software.  However, if I'm going to drop down and get some confidence back, it might as well be on the site where my roll is smaller so I can build it up, and f*ck FT anyway for dealing me so many coolers (stupid, I know).  Still, I'm only probably going to play like 5k hands this month, so it doesn't matter much where I play.

My Deuces Cracked video got released Monday, and the feedback is generally very positive (directed at Joe Tall and Jared).  I agree.  Hopefully, they will continue that series.  I like the more in depth conversations.  Joe keeps the talk flowing, but also provides another point of view.  In general, the videos where they get two coaches going back and forth are good (see Coaching Tree, among others).

Other than that, it's been work work work, except today.  I played golf with my boss and a college buddy whom I hadn't seen since graduation (and for me, that means a lot longer time than it does for you guys).  Awesome to catch up.  He's done awesome for himself, and has had kind of a dream life in a lot of respects, but in spite of that, it was very cool to hang out with him and get caught up :).

1 comment:

RakebackFAQ said...

Watched the video mate and it was good some tight folds i thought 89c i dunno how you did but we talk our way into mad things sometimes. Did you get anything from the thing yourself? And did you have to pay for the coaching during it? Just curious!