Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Late Night Coaching with Joe Tall

I am the featured student for an upcoming LNC episode on Deuces Cracked.  I tried to find some interesting hands.  I thought at first that the hands were pretty uninteresting, but after going through the recording and seeing what sorts of things came up, I changed my mind.  I did OK with hand selection.  I picked some hands where I thought I did OK but wanted confirmation, and some hands where I knew I screwed up but I thought were still interesting. 

Jared, my coach, does a great job 1:1 with me instructing not only the "what" but the "why."  He did just as well for the video, with both Joe and me firing questions.  Like the rest of the series, we didn't go over a ton of hands, but got some interesting conversation on all of them.  If you like the series, you should like this episode.

I didn't ask a ton of questions (IMO), but I had a lot written down (surprise).  Joe asked the very questions I had on my mind a lot of the time, which I'll take as a good sign for me.  I'm at least thinking about the right sorts of things.  I won't give away the episode, but if you watch, you'll definitely get to see at least one total brain-dead play on my part.  No surprise there :P.  Obviously, anyone watches, I'd be interested to hear if you have any different opinions about the analysis.

4 comments:

Mr Fickle said...

Look forward to watching this. Any idea when it will be posted? Drop me an e-mail when it's up pls...

RakebackFAQ said...

This is cool a love that series one of the best around imo. It'll be up next week cause thats the last week of the series already looking foward to it!

Unknown said...

Good good good......

Mr Fickle said...

Watched it tonight and thought it was very good. Nice selection of hands and excellent detailed analysis.

Joe Tall holds it all together and Jared seems great. He is obviously teaching you well.

Nice one!