Friday, March 21, 2008

Well, that was quick

LOL, Friday night fun. 4 BI given back, and back down to 100NL I suppose...not because of the play, but more because FT reactivated the doomswitch. I definitely was not playing timidly in big pots. I think I spewed some, but nothing horrendous...more just not hitting flops, and hoping 40/10 guys are going to fold to c-bets.

But the biggest hands were simply bad luck...ran ATcc into KK on a jack-high club flop, AK into a spew-happy fish on AJ93K board (he had QT), and my favorite...I've got J9 on a T87 flop, and the guy calls a PSB on the flop and turn with T3. Unfortunately the turn and river are both 8's, so his boat gets there :(. I checked the river behind, saving something, at least.

There were a few other hands in there, but those were the 3 biggest, and accounted for 2.5 BI, and just some tough luck. So, it's back to 100NL, but with the confidence that I can beat 200NL. Trying lessons with 2 or 3 coaches, so the timing is good in terms of getting some help to make the transition successfully.

Got a busy weekend with the family, if I'm pokering, it will only be here and there. Hope to have a more productive (poker) week next week.

5 comments:

Gregory Lynn said...

I think I stole your luck. 49 BB/100 at 100NL tonight.

Fridays are...not boring.

Didja get your books? I got mine.

Unknown said...

Any pair has you flipping in the Ac10c hand, so that is just variance but not really bad luck. The other two hands are brutal, but you can be confident that in the future you will get their money, so no biggie. I like your attitude and confidence about being able to beat 200NL, because I know based on reading your blog that you are sound enough to do so. Just run better next time!! lol

Unknown said...

In reference to your comment on my blog about a new driver, check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CALLAWAY-X460-TOUR-9-5-DRIVER-GRAPHITE-STIFF-FUJIKURA_W0QQitemZ260221124823QQihZ016QQcategoryZ115280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is the driver I currently use and since it is not the newest model, it is much cheaper. I really love this club.

RakebackFAQ said...

You kept that quite sneaking into 200nl. Iam sure your good enouh for it varience starts to cost alot there though so be well rolled for it.

Good luck

Noel said...

Bad beats have no place in our thoughts. Only poor decisions. We cant control suckouts we can only control our decisions.

I have been thinking more and more about the casual player. Or rather the guy who doesnt rely on poker as his only source of income. I am thinking that they can sacrifice tables to maximize there learning curve. Playing 2-3 tables and really and I mean REALLY thinking about why we making every fucking decision we make. Poker is real fucking inticate if you think that deep.