Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Holy crap has it been that long

Wow, I knew it's been a while since I updated here, but I didn't think that almost two months had gotten by.  Well, this is the busiest time of the year for me...work usually has something going on the first half of the year, got a little league team to coach (more time spent on coaching baseball than coaching soccer and basketball combined!), kids birthdays are in the spring, and we usually go away over their school's spring break.

So, been doing all of that.  Vacation was to Palm Desert again this year, staying with the in-laws.  My sister-in-law and her whole family was down there (3 nieces, 1 of whom has a husband and a newborn baby, another 1 whose boyfriend came with her), so it was a packed house.  One of the ways I'm lucky is that I really like my wife's family, so other than the family gatherings getting in the way of something important like golf or poker (lol), they're fun.  Played 4 rounds of golf that week, only shot well one of them.  Golf is as temperamental as poker.  Went from mid 80's to mid 70's to low 90's in 3 days.  Low 90's twice, actually.  FML.

Actually, my golf game has pretty much sucked for about a year. Not playing, not practicing, not producing.  Sounds like another pastime I know.  With my little league team, I'm very encouraging to the kids when they make a mistake or strike out, as long as they're paying attention and trying.  The message all of us coaches give them is that if they're trying their best, it should all be good, win or lose. It's not like they're getting paid.  Wish I could follow my own damn advice on the golf course!  I still do a crap job letting myself enjoy playing when I don't play as well as I would like, and there's no reason for it.

That's it for right now.  Have to come back later to poker (meh) and some other stuff (good).  I'll try to do that within the next couple months.

No comments: