Friday, April 10, 2009

Little bit of a lull

Not too much time for poker this last week or next week.  I'm on vacation next week which means I had a shitload of stuff to wrap up at work this week, plus my wife's birthday was yesterday, so we went out last night (and are going out tonight). 

I did force myself to play one session this week long enough to get some hands in for a video review, and the timing was horrible...answering homework questions, phone calls, played tired, etc.  I knew going into the session it was not ideal, and that actually helped me play a little better (more focused than I would have been).  I've actually been pretty disciplined about not doing that, but really wanted to get a video recorded, given it was then or wait at least a week and a half.  I probably made more mistakes than normal, but nothing horrible (I don't think...we'll see what the video review uncovers :P).  And I ran goot, so results were good.

Other than that, it's been 30 minutes here, 40 minutes there for the whole month so far, and not even many of those.  I've got a whopping 2,000 hands in for the month...less than some of you guys do in a day.  I will probably be able to play when we get back tonight, because it takes me all of 10 minutes to pack for vacation, but Jennifer takes a couple hours,  plus she has some other stuff she has to get done before we leave tomorrow AM.  So, it will just be a matter of what state I'm in when we get home.

We're going to my in-laws in Palm Desert (basically Palm Springs).  They have a condo there, where they spend the winter.  Kids are out of school next week, so we're heading down to spend Easter with them, plus I think two of my nieces.  I'm lucky that I like my in-laws, so a visit with them is pretty easy.  Plus, I'm going to play at least 3 rounds of golf on some great courses, for a bonus. 

The beat is that they have a dial-up ISP, and the computer is located in their bedroom anyway, so the only way for me to get online is to hope that one of their neighbors has an open WiFi connection.  Anyway, I won't have that much time unless everyone goes to sleep early.  Got a few vids loaded up on my iPhone, so I'll have something to review in any event, and can at least get emails and what-not.

1 comment:

Malfaire said...

Disconnect and be with your family. Screw online stuff -- sounds like you won't be playing much or at all, which is good IMO.

If you're feeling like you want to do some poker work, this would be a cool exercise. See if you can emulate your database on your laptop (I'm assuming you work on your desktop for poker).

Make a list of the top 5 winners at your limit, or the top 5 consistent winners against you and start putting together gameplans on how to beat them. Very much more beneficial learning wise than any vid, I'd say. Still a good exercise for those days where you don't really want to be playing a ton but have time to do some poker homework.

I still say disconnect, though. Have a great time!