Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back, almost ready for some action

Vacation was great, took Mark's advice and pretty much disconnected (truth be told, it was due a lot to not having ready internet access :) ).  Pretty much only looked through blog posts from my phone, and did a little bit of cleanup from raw notes I've taken.  Only bad part is that I got seriously sick for a couple days.  Somehow, I stay in pretty good health for someone who gets too little sleep, too much food, and has a couple kids in the petri dishes otherwise known as elementary school.  It's been a few years since I had anything stronger than a mild fever, cold, or sore throat.  But something sure knocked me out last week for a couple days -- I'll spare you the details, suffice to say they are not pretty.  No fever and pretty much ate the same stuff as everyone else at the in-laws' house.  Best guess everyone had is that I got very dehydrated.  Anyway, it's over and done with, and I feel fine now.

I did play a short session on the weekend when we got back.  I was worried about not being sharp after a week with no play and little/no study, but it went well.  I played OK and ran well, and only played 2-4 tables at a time.  I also started reviewing a review of my play from before I left, which I'll finish up in the next day or two, then hopefully be back in full swing.  I do have to get unburied at work, plus it's my son's birthday this week, which we have some stuff lined up for.  So, in reality, it may be next week before I hit the ground running for real.

I see that while I was gone, the latest What Would Joe Tall Do video came up, and Jared was the guest coach.  I don't know exactly what my score was, but I know I missed some, based on the answer key Joe posted.  That's kind of discouraging...I've been taking lessons with Jared long enough that I should have aced his episode :(.

No comments: