Monday, September 17, 2007

Group review almost ready to start

Grinder, Losbert, and I are waiting for a fourth so we can get started with the study group idea from my last post. pkr_brat was first to comment, but I haven't heard back. mongoose is up for the idea.

pkr_brat and mongoose: post a comment with your email address (or email me at pokerrow at gmail with your addresses).

Anyone who missed it the first time and is interested, see my last post and leave a comment or send an email. I think groups of 4 would be ideal, but depending on the interest, we can probably adapt. I'm excited about the idea, and I think it will complement live sweat sessions nicely. We'll see.

Speaking of live sweat sessions, I hooked up with michaeyk in between his world travels, and had a nice extended sweat session with him....thanks again Mike! He identified a couple bad plays on my part, especially one where I double-barreled in a bad spot (which is most of the time at the micros), something that can get expensive. Looking forward to continuing when you get back.

Perhaps it was the lucky charm of a sweat session, but I had a rare cooler transformed into suckout that went my way:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (http://www.legopoker.com http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $24.75
BB: $25.80
UTG: $17.05
MP: $31.15
CO: $25.00
Hero (BTN): $24.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7c 7h (6 Players)
UTG raises to $0.85, MP folds, CO calls $0.85, Hero calls $0.85, SB folds, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($3.50) Ah 2h 7d (4 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $2.65, BB folds, UTG raises all-in to $16.20, CO folds, Hero calls $13.55

Turn: ($35.90) Ah 2h 7d 8c (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($35.90) Ah 2h 7d 8c 7s (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $35.90 ($1.75 Rake)

UTG had As Ad (a full house, Aces full of Sevens) and LOST (-$17.05)
Hero had 7c 7h (four of a kind, Sevens) and WON (+$17.10)

3 comments:

RakebackFAQ said...

Just sent you a mail i had to add dot com on the end of it so i dunno if it will get to you. Let me know if you dont get it. Cheers n NH.

mongoose said...

hehe, the pkr_brat beat me to it. i'm at tgbob at ptd dot net.

Pistol said...

Hey i would be interested in this group, is there still room?

Pistolx78@gmail.com