Monday, June 25, 2007

Playing again after a break

I've been an avid hobby player for 2+ years, LHE until this year. I played and ran good (although definitely could have been better), but LHE stopped being fun for me, so I donked around with O8 and NLHE. Decided to stick with NLHE, although really took an extended break of sorts until the last couple months.

Had about a grand on Stars and a couple hundred on FT, and decided to build both by 2-tabling 50NL on Stars and 4-tabling 10 NL on FT. Ran ridiculously well at both, but didn't have the confidence in my game as I did with LHE, and in fact still think I play like a limi-donk.

3 comments:

Noel said...

Welcome aboard my friend. Hopefully, even with limited time on your hands this will project will help your poker game excel and you can move up to some higher stakes. The keys our aggression, position and feel. The major difference between limit and NL is bet sizing and your ability to price your opponent out.

DODGYKEN said...

Good luck with the NL. I'll be checking back for updates!

Martin

Marc said...

Thanks guys, so far so good...I'll be checking you out as well :)