Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Not much going on

Usually when I'm not blogging much, one of two things is going on:  I'm not playing and am busy with other stuff, or things are going well poker-wise.  Lately, both have been true, I guess, but mostly busy.  June will end up a low-volume month, as I'm busy with a lot of family stuff.

On the poker side, I'm reasonably happy with how things are going.  I still see spots where I'm making mistakes, and there is plenty of work to do.  But a few of the things I've been focusing on improving have improved.  Mostly, getting back to focusing on opponents' ranges, especially when betting.  The second thing is making sure to make bigger value bets, especially against looser opponents.

One thing I have been blowing chunks on is detailed session reviews, calling out trouble hands for Jared.  I've played very few hands, but it's also been a while since I shipped him any hands.  We do have a lesson coming up, and I may take some of that lesson time to let him pick through PT and see what he sees.  After today, I should be able to get back to getting through my hands/sessions.

No comments: