Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm Back

Had a lot of fun on a ski trip with my dad. Crappy internet was actually a blessing, as it left me with no conflicts just kind of hanging out with Dad, which we don't get to do much. He goes to bed a couple hours before I do, and I would have liked to have logged some hands, etc. then, but whatever. There was a decent storm the couple days before we went, and the first couple days were winter skiing...then the rest of the time was like spring skiing. Lake Tahoe at its best, IMO....but you have to know how to get through "Sierra cement" if you want to have the most fun. Fat skis or a snowboard make that a lot easier than when I was growing up, too many years ago.

I've got a crapload of stuff to get caught up on, having been out of it for a week. Hundreds of emails from work, a lot of which actually need thoughtful response. New deliverables I need to create plans and progress tracking against. Tons of personal email, blog entries, forum posts, etc. Oh yeah, and a couple basketball teams to resume coaching.

I'll try to start checking back in on blogs, but probably not until closer to the end of the week. Sorry about that! But I will at least get caught up on posts so I know what's going on.

Also, to the study group, I'll be back in that loop later this week or early next week...looking forward to some PT reviews or sweat sessions, but again I've got to get unburied.

As far as poker, I have actually played 2,400 hands, and am up a whopping .85! I won 4BI in my last 421-hand session, so it could be worse. I need to go back through my notes from a couple weeks ago. I'm sure my next session will be pretty rusty. My stats suck...very weak/nitty, so maybe "rusty" won't be all bad...but anyway, I've been much more worried about postflop than preflop lately.

2 comments:

Bazclef said...

welcome back Marc! :)

mongoose said...

we'll be here when you get caught up.